Makes about two full baking sheets
– 2 cups of freshly ground almonds (250g)
– 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (100g)
– 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds
– 2 tablespoons of cold water
– 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
– a pinch of vanilla powder
– a pinch of powered xylit for decoration
Start by grinding the almonds into a flour if you are using whole almonds.
Place the ground chia seeds and the water into a small bowl. Whisk together with a fork and place into the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Place the coconut sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon and vanilla powder into a food processor or big bowl. If you are using a food processor, then mix it shortly. If you are using a hand mixer, just quickly mix everything.
Add the chia mix and maple syrup and mix everything for about 30 seconds until a sticky dough forms.
Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper. Make sure not to roll it out too thin – it should be around 5 mm. Using star shaped cutters, cut the almond and cinnamon Christmas stars.
Place the cinnamon stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes until transferring them to a cooling rack.