- 2½ cups of flour
- ¾ cups of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 24-36 Rolo candies (depends on how big you make the cookies)
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- Whisk flour, cocoa & baking soda together completely.
- In a large mixer bowl with your paddle attachment, beat the sugars & butter until light & fluffy.
- Add vanilla & eggs. Beat well.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and blend well.
- Combine pecans & remaining sugar in a small bowl..
- Wrap about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough completely around 1 Rolo candy.
- Roll the cookie ball in the pecan mixture.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake 14-16 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cool on tray for at least 5 minutes so the Rolo inside the cookie sets a bit.
- Move to cooling rack and cook completely. Or try warm if you are like me and impatient.