Happy Holidays! I hope you and yours are enjoying a safe and happy holiday season. I have a special treat for you today! Jam-Filled Snowball Cookies. These are sweet and flaky with a delicious surprise in the middle!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 and 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Cream together softened butter and powdered sugar in a standalone mixer on medium speed, then add the vanilla.
- Whisk flour and salt in a separate bowl, and add slowly to mixer.
- Once blended, add the milk. Gather in a ball with hands and wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Once chilled, break off 2-inch pieces of dough with your hands. Massage into a ball by using your hands and rolling between your palms. Slice each ball in half.
- Using your thumbs, make an indentation in the center of each half. Add one half of a teaspoon of jam to each half, then press back together and pinch the seam with your index finger and thumb all around the ball. Gently roll the ball with your hands to smooth out the ball.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack, then coat each ball with powdered sugar by rolling them around in a shallow bowl.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then roll in the powdered sugar for a second coat. Store in an airtight container for 1 week, or up to 6 weeks in the freezer. Enjoy!
View Source of Recipe @ My San Francisco Kitchen